Trestle programs are designed to offer an alternative to the expense of higher education. The Trestle philosophy comes from a belief that artists can grow and learn from each other without the excessive student loans that can come with graduate work at larger institutions. With a studio in NYC, one of the biggest contemporary art meccas in the world, Trestle program participants have the ability to explore all that the city has to offer with a community of like minded individuals.
Trestle’s Critical Feedback Program participants work with art professionals who work in the “real” art world today, actively seeking and earning opportunities, with current information and relevant advice.
Who is this program ideal for?
- Artists interested in a peer support network with regular feedback for six months to a year.
- Artists who wish to belong to a critique group led by a professional artist/professor.
- Artists who want a discounted rate on a studio in Greenwood Heights, Brooklyn (this program is located at Trestle Projects - 62 18th Street, Brooklyn).
About the studios:
- 24/7 Studio Access
- 10% discount on a private studio within a vibrant community of artists
- Studio rates are $375- $630 per month depending on size (include utilities)
About the Advisors:
- Trestle hires experienced artists as advisors who run the monthly critiques. These individuals are knowledgeable and give great feedback/suggestions. Advisors for this new program are to be determined - check back soon for more info!
About the critiques:
- Critiques are pre scheduled for the duration of the program.
- Participants may choose to focus on a specific question/problem or may choose to simply hear what others see in their artwork.
- There are four groups with 8-10 artists per group. Half of the group receives about 20 minutes of feedback each month.
- Critiques last about one and a half to two hours.
- It is optional to being snacks/refreshements to share at the meetings.
- They are mandatory to attend to participate in the program.
What are the perks of participating in the program?
- Meet other artists and network
- Share opportunities
- Get discounted studio space
- Extend the conversations with peers outside of critiques!
- Pop up exhibition and curation opportunities at Trestle Projects (62 18th Street, Brooklyn)
- PILOT PROGRAM: begins February 1st (first iteration of new Trestle Gallery Program, will include a smaller group with advisement from Catherine Haggarty. The pilot will be a 2 month session which provides feedback to Trestle regarding the program, with an option to extend participation through first full session.) - Application Deadline: 1/25/2019 11:59pm
- Session 1: April 1 through Sept 30 2019 - Application Deadline: 2/24/2019 11:59pm
- October 1 2019 through March 31 2020
For more information and application access please visit https://trestlegallery.submittable.com/submit/131067/critical-feedback-p...